When starting a marketing plan, there are a few things that you should know about to get the most engagement on your campaign. You want to grab and keep your audience's attention by using visual marketing. 65% of the human population are visual learners according to the Social Science Research Network and 90% of the information that makes it to the brain is visual. Everyone is creating more visual content now more than ever and we need to keep up. Here are some tips and facts to help your marketing campaigns get more engagement from your audience!
1. Articles with images get 94% more views than articles that do not. Articles that do not have any pictures cause the reader to get bored and move on to another article. Pictures grab the viewers attention and is more likely to get the viewer to keep reading. (source)
2. Colored visuals (source)
3. 46% of marketing executives say that photography is critical and 36% say that video is critical to their marketing campaigns. (source). Views can go up to 48% if the content has video and photos.
5. The average daily view of Facebook videos doubled from 4 to 8 billion views per day. (source)
6. Visual content that has hyperlinks attached to it helps boost engagement back to you. Hyperlinks will increase your search result rankings, which will help more engagement.
7. Infographics are liked and shared 3x more than any other type of social content. (source)
8. Visual content (source)
9. When the images are related to the topic at hand, people will spend more time looking at the images. Visual content helps the viewer understand what your message is trying to convey and initiate them to take action. (source)
10. Facebook posts with images get 2.3x more engagement than posts without images and Twitter posts get 150% more engagement. Start posting on your social media with images! (source)
11. On Instagram, pictures that contain faces get 38% more likes than pictures that do not contain faces. (source)
12. On Pinterest, 88% of people (mostly women) buy items that they have pinned. (source) Most pins on Pinterest are re-pins versus Twitter having less re-tweets.
13. Company Facebook Pages that post with videos or photo albums get up to 180% more engagement. (source)
14. 63% of marketers think that infographics are the most effective B2C organization. (source)
15. Social media updates (source)
Start uploading those pictures and videos for the most engagement!